For mountaineering, backpacking and trekking, poles that are strong, lightweight and easily adjusted are critical. The genius behind MSR’s Talus™ TR-3 Trekking Poles starts with our innovative Trigger Release mechanism, which allows for on-the-fly length adjustment, letting you react quickly to the changing terrain of ascents, descents and sidehill traverses. Our SureLock™ System delivers the confidence of zero-slip performance, and a three-section shaft offers ultimate packability.
• Trigger Release One-Handed Adjustment: One-handed, on-the-fly pole-length adjustments provide the fastest, easiest response for matching terrain.
• SureLock™ System: Positive-locking mechanism delivers the confidence of absolute no-slip performance.
• Ultralight Strength: Light, strong and reliable 7,000-series aerospace-grade aluminum construction.
• Ergonomic Grip: Works with a broad range of hand sizes, and ergonomic, ventilated straps deliver breathability in warm climates.
• Effortless Swing: Low-profile adjustment mechanism high on the pole reduces shaft weight for a uniquely effortless swing.
• Compression Tip: Absorbs the impact of hard dirt and rock in a lightweight design.
Weight 1 lbs 6 oz / 625 g 1 lbs 6 oz / 625 g
Length, min 45 in / 115 cm 41 in / 105 cm
Length, max 55 in / 140 cm 51 in / 130 cm
Collapsed length 23.6 in / 60 cm 22.4 in / 57 cm
Material(s) Aluminum Aluminum
Country of Origin China China