Ultra-light, compact carabiner with MonoFil Keylock system
- The new generation ANGE S carabiner represents the middle ground between the traditional gate carabiner and the classic wire gate carabiner.
- It combines the fluidity of the spring gate with the lightness of the wire gate system. Petzl's MonoFil Keylock technology and the H-profile make the ANGE S carabiner weigh an ultra-light 28 grams and provide an optimal weight/strength ratio. So it is particularly suitable for users looking to reduce their weight to a minimum.
- The shape of the nose is designed to optimize clipping and unclipping.
- The ANGE S carabiner is ultra-light (28 g) and compact: it is ideal for mountaineering and multi-pitch climbing where weight reduction is key
Petzl's MonoFil Keylock ensures smoother opening and closing of the carabiner and a much longer lifetime compared to traditional wire gate carabiners.
- The wire gate is protected from lateral rubbing (against rock, etc).
- The unique H-profile allows an optimal size and strength-to-weight ratio
- The indent on the bottom of the ANGE S and ANGE L carabiners helps keep the STRING in place so that the sling is properly positioned on the carabiner.
- The surfaces that come in contact with the rope and with the anchor are wider, favoring passage of the rope and reducing carabiner wear
- The nose of the carabiner has a hole that allows ice, snow or dirt to be cleared out
- The deflector works with the shape of the carabiner to allow proper positioning of the carabiner on its major axis
- Available in two colors:
- orange (M57 O)
- light gray (M57 G)
- Weight: 28 g
- Material: aluminum
- Breaking strength:
- major axis: 20 kN
- open gate: 9 kN
- minor axis: 7 kN
- Gate opening: 23 mm
- Capacity: 19 mm
CE EN 12275 type B / UIAA