Our founder Patrick is an avid waterman who, before dog gear, was
designing white water kayak gear. Needless to say, he knows a little
about what it takes to stay afloat. You can see his expertise reflected
in every version of Ruffwear life jackets (since the late 1990's),
including the one we offer today, our K-9 Float Coat.
Flotation is achieved via several layers of closed-cell foam - instead
of one thick one. This allows us to sculpt a shape that enhances
comfort, doesn't impede movement, and promotes the ideal, horizontal
canine swimming position. Belly panel foam boosts underside flotation.
For optimal safety and fit, the fully-connected, telescoping collar
ensures the jacket stays in place even after long sessions of frolicking
in the surf. Buckles are protected and straps have tail keepers:
everything is streamlined so there's less to dangle or snag.
- Confidence-inspiring canine life jacket built with time-proven, abrasion-resistant materials
- Natural swimming position made possible by strategically-placed closed cell foam panels
- Strong, low-profile handle is optimally positioned to help dogs out of water
- Telescoping neck closure adjusts for a range of dog sizes and is permanently attached and secure
- Easy-to-clip sheltered buckles keep straps firmly in place over time
- Water-compatible webbing remains stable in wet environments
- Light loop for attaching The Beacon™
- Low-light visibility with reflective trim